Join the Program on Global Environment, Phoenix Sustainability Initiative, Office of Sustainability, Bon Appétit and UChicago Dining for Sustainable Dining Week at UChicago! Throughout the week of February 5th, there will be several events focusing on the issues of food and sustainability. Below is the schedule of events:
· Tuesday, February 6th: Weigh the Waste at Baker Dining Commons – Eat at Baker Dining Commons during the lunch hours of 11am-1:30 p.m. to help us measure how much food waste we generate! Bring any food waste you have after you finish your meal to the student volunteers who will weigh all the food waste collected before preparing the waste to go into the biodigesters.
· Thursday, February 8th: Sustainable Dining Tours at Baker Dining Commons – Open to all students! Have you ever wondered how your food gets to your plate and what happens behind the scenes at the dining halls? Come find out during one of our sustainable dining tours, which will be held at 1:30p.m., 2:30p.m., and 3:30p.m. at Baker Dining Commons. Register here, as there are limited slots!
· Thursday, February 8th: Sustainable Dining Town Hall – Join us at 6p.m. at the private dining room in Baker Dining Commons to hear more about the commitment that Bon Appétit and UChicago Dining have made to provide healthy and sustainable food to all students! Refreshments will be served. RSVP and post your questions to the panelists on Facebook.
Panelists are as follows:
- Moderator: Sara Popenhagen, UChicago Office of Sustainability
- Shira Kaufman, Sustainability Fellow, Bon Appétit
- Peter Abraham, Executive Chef, Bon Appétit
- Paul Krysik, Windy City Harvest
- Leah Garner, UChicago Law School (UChicago College ’16)
- Connor Sauceda, 2nd year Environmental Science and Biological Sciences double major, member of Phoenix Sustainability Initiative's Food Recovery group
We look forward to you joining us! Follow along with @UChicagoPGE on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram using #UChiSustainableFood. Please email email@example.com with any questions.