Medical Center Recycling Info
Recycling flow chart and contacts PDF: here.
How to Recycle
Flourescent Light Bulbs
Construction & Demolition Debris
Mixed Office Paper
Aluminum Cans/Plastic Bottles
- Some chemicals especially solvents and photographic solutions are recycled through user initiatives.
- Hazardous chemicals and radioactive material must be properly disposed.
- Contact: Safety 5-SAFE, Rad. Safety 2-6299
- Old bulbs may contain environmentally harmful material that must be specially disposed.
- Contact: Plant Department 2-6295
- Some clinical supplies may be reusable or recyclable.
- Contact: the Clinical manager or Purchasing 2-9400
- Contact: CBIS 2-3456
- Contact: Greg Van Scooter 2-0626
- Contact: EVS 5-5537
- Bring to collection sites DCAM 1550, or TW-103
- Contact: Radiology Engineering 2-2466
- All oils and grease from food service operations should be disposed of on the FMI dock accessible from the S-Corridor.
- Old refrigerators contain environmentally harmful refrigerants that must be professionally removed.
- Contact: Plant 2-6295 with a work request
- Dumpster Locations: FMI Courtyard accessible through the S-corridor basement.
- Both dumpsters can be used for construction and demolition debris
- Obsolete Equipment
- Do not put obsolete equipment in hallway!
- Contact: EVS 5-5537
- Remove other materials such as Styrofoam and flatten container.
- Pick up locations are the “satellite” paper collection sites or trash chute rooms.
- Contact: EVS 5-5537 Do not put cardboard containers into the hallway!
- Talk to your EVS supervisor for proper pick-up procedure.
- Blue containers are located throughout the Medical Center. It is the responsibility of the user to empty small deskside containers into larger collection containers.
- Contact EVS at 5-5537 for containers and current locations
- View our Paper FAQs
- Wooden Pallets must be returned to the Cottage Grove Dock for reuse or the FMI dock for recycling.
- Most vendors reuse standard pallets and non-standard pallets are recycled.
- Do not leave pallets unattended in hallways!
- Contact: Materials Management 2-1925
- Secured (locked) containers are located in various areas throughout the Medical Center.
- Consult your department manager for locations or call EVS 5-5537 to obtain a locked bin.
- Battery recycling containers are in various locations including the Mitchell and DCAM Security Desk and W-110.
- Need one in your area? Contact: Safety 5-SAFE
- Save the shipping box for used cartridge.
- Follow vendor instructions for free shipping to recycler. Additionally, call the purchasing office for more information on our vendor “take-back” program.
- Purchasing: 773-702-9400
- Empty aluminum cans and plastic bottles are recycled in most blue recycling bins.
- If you need a bin, contact: EVS 5-5537